Sunday 26 September 2010

Rab Mountain Marathon

Just back from a great couple of days running in the north east Lake District for the 4th Rab Mountain Marathon. This was my first foray in to the Elite category and really pleased to have come out with 12th place and 9th in the solos. The weather was absolutely perfect which usually favors the runners - I'm more of a navigator - but I made some good route choices and got some nice lines which meant I finished with a score of 465 points. In total my running time was just over 12 hours covering 65km with 6700m of ascent. Even more pleasing was that these were my 13th & 14th days out on the hill on the trot. All good training for Ama Dablam in a couple of weeks.

Route Gadget UK has my routes for Saturday & Sunday compared to some of the other competitors.

A couple of reprobates found at overnight camp!