Monday 25 July 2011

Lakeland 100


This coming weekends entertainment is courtesy of the Lakeland 100, a 103 mile trail run around the Lake District with a 40 hour time limit. Training's been going pretty well but I suspect I shall be taking full advantage of the time entitlement! The event starts from Coniston at 5.30pm on Friday evening. From here we visit the Duddon Valley, Eskdale, Wasdale, Buttermere, Braithwaite, Blencathra & Dockray through the night. I'm aiming to be at Dalemain, the half way point, by mid morning on the Saturday from where the 50 mile event starts at twelve oclock. The second half of the route goes via Howtown, Mardale, Kentmere, Ambleside, Chapel Stile & Tilberthwaite before returning to Coniston before 9.30 Sunday morning. For me the crux will be at around 85 miles when we pass within 100m of my house containing a very comfy bed! I will endeavor to provide some updates on Twitter so you can share the blisters and hallucinations! The Lakeland 100 website will also have live tracking throughout.