Sunday 6 May 2012

Competition Schedule for 2012

 The start of day 3 on the 2011 Adidas Terrex C2C

Plenty of racing to be had this summer. I'm limiting myself to three events as I'm guessing I'm going to be needing some recovery time after these...

First we've got the Adidas Terrex Swift is at the beginning of June. 48 hours of non stop fell running, mountain biking and canoeing plus some ropework challenges. Carrie, Kieran, Andy and myself are racing as Team Custard with 'beanie' support from Custard Climbing Creations.

At the end of June I'm taking part in the inaugural Celtman, the Scottish version of the iconic Norseman. Based in Torridon this Ironman distance triathlon starts with a 3.8km swim in Loch Shieldaig, 200km on the road bike on some great Scottish roads and a marathon to finish taking in the two Munros on Beinn Eighe.

My final big race is the Montane Lakeland 100 at the end of July, a 100 mile trail race which passes through pretty much every corner of the Lake District A foot injury curtailed my attempt last year but the training's going well so fingers crossed.